Do you want to write JAMB this year? Are you looking for Pharmacy Subject Combination or the Subjects required to study Pharmacy? This is to inform you that JAMB Subject Combination for Pharmacy is now available.
This article will cover the following:
– JAMB UTME Subjects and Requirements For Pharmacy
– O’Level Subjects and Requirements to Study Pharmacy
– Direct Entry Requirements For Pharmacy
– and other information you require to successfully gain admission to study Pharmacy.
JAMB Subject Combination TO Study Pharmacy
In UTME, please note that English Language is Compulsory for this course. Therefore, the three (3) other JAMB UTME subject combination needed to study Pharmacy under the Faculty of Medical, Pharmaceutical & Health Sciences in the above Universities include;
- and Biology.
WAEC SUBJECTS FOR PHARMACY
The O’level subject combination and requirements needed to study Pharmacy;
Five SSCE credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS (WAIVER) REMARKS FOR PHARMACY:
(1) UNIBADAN require the O level Credit passes at one sitting.
(2) UNILAG requires Physics, Chemistry and Biology in Addition to English Language and Mathematics. As in Medicine.
(3) NDU requires the five ‘O’ level credit passes in not more than two sittings.
(4) UNN and UNIUYO – Requirements in not more than two sittings.
Direct Entry Requirements
These are the conditions you need to fulfill to gain Direct Entry admission to study Pharmacy, if you don’t intend to use UTME.
Three ‘A’ level passes in Chemistry, Biology/Zoology and Physics or Mathematics plus UTME requirements.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS (WAIVER) REMARKS:
(1) UNIBEN and UNIUYO do not accept ‘A’ level Mathematics.
(2) OAU accepts B.Sc. with a minimum of 2nd Class Honours in relevant discipline (Sciences).
(3) UNIBEN accepts ‘A’ level Botany in lieu of Biology.
(4) UNILAG accepts:
a) Very good passes in three (3) JUPEB/A-LEVEL subjects: Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
b) Very good passes in three (3) A/Level subjects: Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
c) Does not accept B.Sc Degrees.
(5) UNIBEN accepts B.Sc. Second Class (Hons) in related fields.
(6) UNN accepts:
a) Three A’ level passes to include Chemistry, Biology/Zoology/Botany and Physics plus UTME requirement in not more than two sittings.
b) Bachelor’s degree in any of Biological Sciences, Health Science and Technology, or Medical Sciences with a minimum of second class honours lower division plus UTME requirement.
c) HND in Biological Sciences, Health Science and Technology or Medical Sciences with a minimum of an upper credit plus UTME requirement.
(7) NDU accepts:
a) Hold at least a Bachelor’s Degree (Second Class Honours) from a recognized University in Chemistry or any of the Biological Sciences.
b) Have a pass in Physics, Mathematics, or Statistics, Chemistry and Biology or Zoology or Botany at the Advanced Level (GCE) or Higher School Certificate at not more than two sittings.
c) General requirement for admission in the University, i.e, credit in five (5) relevant subjects including Mathematics and English Language at the Ordinary Level GCE, or WASC/SSCE/NECO.
(8) OOU accepts Botany in lieu of Zoology.
(9) UNIJOS does not accept Mathematics for Physics. JOS accepts B.Sc Second Class (Hons) and above in related fields. It accepts for Direct Entry Candidates with ‘A’ level requirements plus five ‘O’ level credits in English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
Also Read: JAMB Brochure For Faculty of Science 2018