Shell University Scholarships for Undergraduate Students 2018 | Shell SPDC Scholarship
The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (SPDC) Scholarship Scheme offers first year students in all Nigerian universities the opportunity to study with an annual grant from the SPDC Joint Venture for the full duration of their course.
Launched in 1960, this post-secondary scheme is open to all Nigerians studying degree programmes in Nigerian universities. The programme aims to promote academic excellence and improve skills-base among young Nigerians. SPDC is the operator of the NNPC/SHELL/TEPN/AGIP Joint Venture.
The scholarship is offered in two categories – the National Merit Award (NM) and the Areas of Operation Merit Award (OM).
Also Checkout Lagos State Undergraduate Scholarships Scheme 2018 | How To Apply
Eligibility for Shell University Scholarship
For National Merit Award (NM) — Open to ALL Nigerians.
For Areas of Operation Merit Award (OM) — Opens to Nigerians who are indigenes of SPDC’s operational ares in Abia, Bayelsa, Delta, Imo and Rivers states.
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL APPLICANTS
Eligible applicants must:
- Be citizens of Nigeria, currently enrolled in an accredited and approved university in Nigeria.
- Have gained admission during the 2016/2017 academic session, and pursuing a first degree programme.
- Have a minimum of seven O/Levels credits, including Mathematics and English.
- Be enrolled full‐time, in a university in Nigeria at the undergraduate level with a minimum grade point average of 2.5 at the time of application (attach transcripts or official records).
How To Apply
- All applicants should have their personal valid email accounts (for consistent communication).
- Candidates who meet the above entry qualifications should apply online on the official website.
- Scanned copies of letters of identification, (which must be duly stamped and signed) by:
- The Paramount Ruler of the Community; and
- The Chairman of the Community Development or Executive Council (CDC or CEC).